Rachel Drude-Tomori, Esq. LLM
Meet Rachel Drude-Tomori
Known for her creativity and detailed, customized planning, Rachel has over a decade of legal experience and has created estate plans for a wide variety of individuals and their families.
Rachel Drude-Tomori specializes in Estate Planning, as well as Trust Administration and Business Succession Planning, and frequently assists individuals and business owners in protecting their legacies from government and creditor interference. Rachel has developed estate plans for business owners, corporate executives, wealthy individuals, and professionals and their families with a wide range of estate planning objectives.
Known for her creativity and detailed, customized planning, Rachel has over a decade of legal experience and has created estate plans for a wide variety of individuals and their families. She is known for providing valuable advice designed to help her clients protect their assets and meet their estate planning goals. Rachel represents clients in St. Petersburg, the Greater Tampa Bay Area, Lakewood Ranch, Sarasota, Miami, and throughout Florida.
Notably, Rachel also serves as Trustee for Deferred Sales Trusts™ (DST) - an effective alternative to a 1031 Exchange to help owners of appreciated assets reduce capital gains tax liability or to enable them to sell their property in a down market. The DST can also be more simply described as a no risk "seller carry-back" financing structure.
Since 2017, Rachel has been recognized by her peers and Super Lawyers in the top 5% of Estate Planning Attorneys in Florida. As a result of her legal contributions, Rachel is the recipient of several awards from groups, including the St. Petersburg Bar Association, the National Alliance of Women in Law, and the American Institute of Legal Advocates. She frequently authors and speaks on estate planning topics for professional groups and publications.
Additionally, Rachel has served as Chair of the St. Petersburg Bar Association's Probate & Guardianship Section (2017-2019), as well as on its Executive Committee (2019-2021). She is a member of The Florida Bar Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section and the American Bar Association. She volunteers her time on the Board of Directors for Julie Weintraub's Hands Across the Bay, the Board of Trustees for HCA Florida St. Petersburg Hospital, and the Board of Directors for Infinity: the league to aid abused children and adults.
In 2005, Rachel graduated Summa Cum Laude from Loyola University New Orleans, winning the Award for Excellence in Writing. She went on to earn her Juris Doctorate (J.D.) with Honors and a Master of Laws Degree (LL.M.) in Estate Planning from the University of Miami School of Law. She is qualified to practice law before all Florida State Courts and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
· University of Miami School of Law, LL.M. (Master of Laws) in Estate Planning
· University of Miami School of Law, J.D. (Juris Doctor, Cum Laude)
· Loyola University New Orleans, B.A. (Summa Cum Laude)
Current & Past Professional Memberships and Community Involvement:
· HCA Florida St. Petersburg Hospital, Board of Trustees (Current)
· Julie Weintraub's Hands Across the Bay, Board Member (Current)
· Infinity: the league to aid abused children and adults, Board Member (Current)
· Business Advisory Network (BAN), Member (Current)
· Jump for Kids! (Board Member: 2020-2021)
· St. Anthony's Hospital Foundation (Planned Giving Committee: 2020-2021)
· St. Petersburg Bar Association (Executive Committee: 2019-2021)
· St. Petersburg Bar Association (Diversity Committee: 2020-2021)
· St. Petersburg Bar Association (Section Chair: 2017-2019)
· St. Petersburg Bar Association (Editorial Committee: 2015-2019)
· St. Petersburg Community Law Program (Volunteer: 2018-2020)
· St. Petersburg Toastmasters Club 2284 (President: 2020-2021; Member: 2018-2022)
· Boys & Girls Club of Broward County, Marti Huizenga Club (Junior Board Member: 2009-2010)
· Society of Bar & Gavel, University of Miami School of Law (Since 2007)